Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Can Any FW party beat Paper Mag's 25th Birthday?


Seriously. Fashion week starts on Thursday and I'm betting that I've already been to the best party of the week. Or of the season. Last night Paper Magazine had a grand gala in the public library on 42nd street for their 25th Birthday. I have to say upfront I love Paper Magazine. The cast of characters that create Paper and their cohorts personify the best of New York: they are creative, irascible, tenacious and talented. And like at Vandam, my favorite club night, Paper's parties are always a celebration of the outrageous and fun. Too much of the life got sucked out of the nightlife scene with the vulgarity that is known as "bottle service". (which made money the only thing that mattered to a nightclub)

Last night was like a return to an earlier era when everyone was broke but happy (kind of like now, actually)...and filled with fabulously fun people as well as amazing performances by The Virgins, Queen Latifah, and the unbelievable I-can't-believe-she's-still-got-it-but-damn-she-does incomparable Liza Minnelli. When Liza ended the night singing "New York, New York" it was like one big sing-a-long and I felt like "life can't get any better than this." And you know what? It can't.

LOTS MORE PHOTOS COMING SOON!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment